At Sidra Medical and Research Center
Sidra medical &Research Center’s Department of Surgery will provide world class excellence in clinical care, teaching and biomedical research for women and children of Qatar. The Department of Surgery coordinates its surgical services with Hamad medical Corporation and collaborates in research and educational activities with Weil Cornell Medical College-Qatar. The level of national interest and support in medical quality, education, innovative research and technology has already resulted in significant discoveries and highly functional research organizations that will collaborate with Sidra.
The Department of Surgery at Sidra Medical and Research center offers a comprehensive range of routine and advanced Surgical Services for women and children, equipped with state of art technology in a completely digital hospital environment. The Department of Surgery is made up of the following services. Delivered in accordance with best practice standards whilst being driven by clinical evidence methodologies, in a patient-centered, highly collaborative environment: in the pediatric population: General and Thoracic Surgery, Plastic and Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthopedic Surgery, Otolaryngologic Surgery,Ophtalmologic Surgery, Cardiac Surgery, Dental Surgery, Neurosurgery and Urology. In addition, surgical treatments for acute gynecological surgical conditions will be provided. With each of these subspecialties, care for the spectrum of diseases seen in pediatric population will be provided.
A specific goal of the Department is to conduct research into the surgically treated diseases seen in Qatar, evaluating both the pathophysiology and treatments. The Department will evaluate and provide novel and upcoming therapies to our patients and participate in the development of new technologies. The Department will provide leadership and faculty for the teaching of medical students, residents and advanced trainees, so that Sidra becomes a leader in the education of surgeons for the future. It is anticipated that, by providing specialist and subspecialist expertise in an integrated team environment and concomitantly conducting research, Sidra will become a substantive referral center for patients within and outside Qatar
The Attending Physician - General Surgery in Pediatric General and Thoracic Surgery is responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care; effective and efficient diagnosing, managing and treating all patients placed under the role holder’s care. The Attending Physician - General Surgery makes recommendations, orders appropriate therapeutics and diagnostics, and performs appropriate procedures as per the patient’s diagnosed condition
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIE
· Assists in supervising activities of junior medical staffs and jointly assumes responsibility for patient care.
· Responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care and services within specialty area.
· Conducts Ward rounds, reassesses inpatients and/or outpatients on a regular basis, in line with established best practice.
· Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required.
· Provides clinical excellence by effective and efficient diagnoses, manages, and treats all patients placed under post holder’s care.
· Delivers safe, effective, and holistic clinical services within accepted standards of care.
· Performs procedures and operations that are indicated based on best practice and are in the best interest of the patient.
· Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with established procedures.
· Supports, implements, and follows all hospital, departmental and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
· Liaises with colleagues, Allied Health staff, nursing, administrative and support services staff for additional input as required.
· Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, surgical procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices.
· Practices appropriate utilization of the organization’s resources.
· Demonstrates an active interest in educating and fostering future academic leaders nationally and internationally through active participation in education initiatives.
· Demonstrates an active interest and involvement in research by initiating innovative clinical or research outcomes or collaborating on research projects to support the Sidra vision.
· Demonstrates commitment to Continued Medical Education (CME).
· Keeps abreast of the current, relevant literature and the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
· Supports and participates in the organization’s performance management, including peer reviews and the productivity and utilization review processes.
· Performs other clinical responsibilities as assigned.
· Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
· Provides care to all pediatric general surgical patients in Qatar regardless of location i.e. neonatal ICU, pediatric ICU, fetal maternal unit, emergency department, trauma bay, outpatient clinics etc., Sidra or Hamad Medical Corporation as ‘one program multiple sites’.
Completion of residency program in the specialty area from an accredited Western Board.
2+ years Post-certification/residency in clinical care or education in the relevant field from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with accredited and recognized board, Australia or New Zealand.
Sidra Medical and Research Center is a state of the art academic medical center that will function to the level of the highest international standards. Its clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children.
Sidra’s Vision is: “Sidra Medical and Research Center will be a beacon of learning, discovery and exceptional care, ranked among the top medical centers in the world”.
Achieving this vision will encompass three essential activities:
World Class: Patient and Family Centered Care Health Education Biomedical Discovery
Sidra works closely with Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar and Hamad Medical Corporation across all three activities to raise the standard of health and health care throughout the State of Qatar.