Specialty Doctor - CAMHS
At Cygnet Health Care
Location: Sevenoaks, Kent
Are you an experienced Specialty Doctor, with experience in child and adolescent psychiatry, looking for your next challenge in psychiatry?
At Cygnet Health Care we are excited to announce a fantastic opportunity for a person-centred Specialty Doctor to join us during a positive period of change, growth and integration at Cygnet Godden Green.
We are keen to find a Specialty Doctor join our well-established psychiatry team and provide first class psychiatric care to child and adolescent inpatients and residents of at Cygnet Godden Green. This role provides psychiatric care to 10 beds in CAMHS, across two wards and supporting one Consultant. We strive to empower all our people to make a positive difference, deliver outstanding specialist mental health services and enjoy rewarding careers in an organisation they are proud to be part of.
In addition we are seeking someone who is an outstanding communicator to work alongside the onsite Consultant Psychiatrist and as part of the multi-disciplinary team to provide continuous medical cover to young people who at the time of admission may be suffering from an acute mental illness or an exacerbation of a pre-existing mental illness and need treatment in a safe environment.
As a Specialty Doctor you will be responsible for the initial clerking and mental state examination of patients on admission to the ward. You will ensure the assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and initiation of treatment plans of patients are delivered to the highest standard under the supervision of the Consultant and maintain full records of psychiatric assessments and interventions. It will be within your remit to prescribe and review medication under the supervision of the relevant Consultant Psychiatrist, undertake clinical audits and maintain and monitor standards of care to the patients and residents entrusted to us. You will participate in ward rounds and other multi-disciplinary meetings including Care Programme Approach Meetings (CPA), Managers Panels and Mental Health Review Tribunals.
Overall you will play a pivotal role in delivering the mission, vision and values of the company.
Our Specialty Doctor/ Associate Specialist:
- Full GMC registration
- Recent experience in CAMHS and a knowledge of current issues
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- The ability to work with as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience of participating in weekly ward rounds & attending multidisciplinary meetings
- The ability to communicate effectively with mental health and other agencies and professionals as required for client assessment and for co-ordination of discharge plans
- Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
Why Cygnet? We’ll offer you…
- Salary up to £85,000 (depending on experience)
- Generous exam & study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc
- Monthly CPD grand rounds where you’ll attend educational meetings & have the opportunity to meet psychiatrists from across the region
- Friendly and flexible working environment
- Financial support for further training & personal development
- Appraisal & peer supervision
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Contributory pension scheme & company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Free meals on duty & cycle to work scheme
Our CESR programme:
This programme will help you develop the skills you need to progress to Consultant level – and you’ll rotate within wards/services to gain valuable experience across various subspecialties.
You’ll also have an educational supervisor to review your progress and oversee your development – and you’ll receive support with MRCPsych exams.
Cygnet Health Care was originally founded in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals suffering from a variety of mental health problems.