Physician - Developmental Pediatrics
At Sidra Medical and Research Center
The Attending Physician is responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care; effective and efficient diagnosing, managing and treating all patients placed under the role holder’s care. The Attending Physician makes recommendations, orders appropriate therapeutics and diagnostics as per the patient’s diagnosed condition.
KEY ROLE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for the delivery of high quality evidence-based care and services within specialty area.
- Conducts Ward rounds, reassesses inpatients and/or outpatients on a regular basis, in line with established best practice.
- Regularly reviews results of all investigations and modifies treatment as required.
- Provides clinical excellence by effective and efficient diagnoses, manages, and treats all patients placed under post holder’s care.
- Delivers safe, effective, and holistic clinical services within accepted standards of care.
- Accurately documents all relevant clinical information in a clear and timely fashion in accordance with established procedures.
- Supports, implements, and follows all hospital, departmental and divisional initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Liaises with colleagues, Allied Health staff, nursing, administrative and support services staff for additional input as required.
- Complies with all hospital polices regarding admissions, consultations, daily patient care, surgical procedures, discharge protocols, outpatient and follow up practices.
- Practices appropriate utilization of the organization’s resources.
- Demonstrates an active interest in educating and fostering future academic leaders nationally and internationally through active participation in education initiatives.
- Demonstrates an active interest and involvement in research by initiating innovative clinical or research outcomes or collaborating on research projects to support the Sidra vision.
- Demonstrates commitment to Continued Medical Education (CME).
- Keeps abreast of the current, relevant literature and the latest trends and technologies in the industry.
- Performs other clinical responsibilities as assigned.
- Adheres to Sidra’s standards as they appear in the Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- 2+ years of post-certification/residency in clinical care or education in the relevant field from a North American Academic/ Health care Institution or equivalent in UK, Republic of Ireland, or other European Countries with accredited and recognized board, Australia or New Zealand.
- Research or Education experience Preferred.
Sidra Medical and Research Center is a state of the art academic medical center that will function to the level of the highest international standards. Its clinical focus is on the specialty care of women and children.
Sidra’s Vision is: “Sidra Medical and Research Center will be a beacon of learning, discovery and exceptional care, ranked among the top medical centers in the world”.
Achieving this vision will encompass three essential activities:
World Class: Patient and Family Centered Care Health Education Biomedical Discovery
Sidra works closely with Weill Cornell Medical College in Qatar and Hamad Medical Corporation across all three activities to raise the standard of health and health care throughout the State of Qatar.