At Cleveland Clinic
- The Consultant Physician is responsible for applying medical knowledge and skills to the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of illnesses for patients within the Digestive Disease Institute at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. This position treats patients directly and/or may make referrals to different members of the healthcare professional team at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors and provides care to Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi patient
- Prescribes or administers medication, therapy, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury
- Analyzes records, reports, and test results to diagnose patient’s medical condition
- Interacts with patient to gather additional history and information about medical condition
- Explains procedures and discusses test results or prescribed treatments with patient
- Provides specific treatments and/or performs operations to treat patient medical conditions
- Evaluates patient and records applicable notes about patient’s condition for purposes of serving as a record of treatment and/or making a possible referral to another member of the healthcare professional team
- Liaises with other medical and non-medical staff at Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi to ensure quality patient treatment
- Performs surgical procedures and operations as appropriate
- Experience requirements are set by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi bylaws
- To view the Healthcare Professionals Qualification Requirements set by the Health Authority of Abu Dhabi, please click: http://www.haad.ae/HAAD/tabid/927/Default.aspx
- Note: According to Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi bylaws, only physicians with qualifications from the following Tier 2 counties will be considered for Consultant Physician opportunities: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Holland, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Sweden, Spain and Switzerland
- Ability to speak and write English is required; ability to speak and write Arabic is preferred
- Current national medical license or equivalent is required
Cleveland Clinic was founded in 1921 as a not-for-profit group practice, integrating clinical and hospital care with research and physician education. In addition to our Cleveland location, we have Cleveland Clinic Florida, Cleveland Clinic Nevada, Cleveland Clinic Canada, and Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi. Cleveland Clinic London is also scheduled to open in February 2021.
Cleveland Clinic has more than 3,600 salaried physicians and scientists on staff, representing approximately 120 specialties and subspecialties. In 2017, we provided a total of 7.6 million outpatient visits, 229,132 acute admissions and observations, and 207,354 surgical cases. Patients came to us from across America and from more than 180 nations. We also lead an extensive system of community hospitals in Northeast Ohio called the Cleveland Clinic Hospitals.
This system is made up of Cleveland Clinic Main Campus, Akron General Hospital, Avon Hospital, Euclid Hospital, Fairview Hospital, Hillcrest Hospital, Lodi Hospital, Lutheran Hospital, Marymount Hospital, Medina Hospital, South Pointe Hospital, and Union Hospital. Ashtabula County Medical Center is also an affiliate of Cleveland Clinic. With approximately 4,500 staffed beds, Cleveland Clinic Hospitals offers broad geographic coverage, a full continuum of care, improved quality and lower cost of care to Northeast Ohio residents.
Cleveland Clinic was named a top hospital and health system by Diversity Inc. in 2019. Companies on this list score well in talent pipeline, talent development, leadership commitment, and supplier diversity.