At Cygnet Health Care
An exciting opportunity has become available to join us as a Specialty Doctor at Cygnet Appletree.
Cygnet Appletree is a 26 bed rehabilitation service for women who have severe and enduring mental illness and who may have been detained under the Mental Health Act.
This is a full-time position to support the Consultant Psychiatrist and the Multi-Disciplinary Team to provide clinical services to adults at Cygnet Appletree in Durham. Cygnet Appletree is comprised of 16 rehabilitation beds and 10 acute beds for women. It provides state-of-the-art facilities and a multi-disciplinary treatment programme designed to assist patients in their recovery.
The post holder will also have responsibility for auditing the medical services rendered at the hospitals and ensuring their good quality in accordance to GMC and other relevant professional guidelines. Moreover, the post holder will have responsibility for upholding the Company’s policies and procedures and protecting the Company’s interests as appropriate.
The post will include on call responsibilities on a 1 in 6 basis.
As a Specialty Doctor you will work closely with the Consultant Psychiatrist to provide continuous medical cover on a daily basis to the patients on the ward.
You will undertake initial clerking and mental state examination of patients on admission.
Assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and treatment under Consultant supervision of inpatients of the unit. Each patient must be interviewed and reassessed at a frequency appropriate to their individual clinical needs and sufficient to monitor changes and make timely modifications to the treatment plan.
Good communication with ward nursing staff, including morning handover meetings each working day.
To participate in treatment plans and programmes as appropriate to ensure good medical practice within the MDT setting.
The post-holder will participate in clinical audit, collating, analysing and presenting data at clinical audit meetings and care conferences as directed by the Consultant.
We Are Looking For People Who Have:
- Full GMC registration
- 12 months adult psychiatry experience
- Relevant experience within a similar setting (preferred)
- Approval under Section 12 of the Mental Health Act (preferred)
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD
- Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General Practitioners or equivalent
In Return, We Will Offer You:
- Salary: up to £90,000 (Depending on Experience)
- Access to the NHS Discount Scheme
- Generous annual leave entitlement and study leave to attend CPD opportunities, conferences etc.
- Monthly education programme ran by a Consultant
- Professional development – rotate within the wards / services to gain experience across various specialisms
- Company pension scheme
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development opportunities
- Relocation package can also be offered
Cygnet Health Care was originally founded in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals suffering from a variety of mental health problems.