Specialty Doctor - Psychiatry
At Cygnet Health Care
An exciting opportunity has become available to join us as a Specialty Doctor at St. Teilo.
As a Specialty Doctor you will work alongside the x 2 onsite Consultant Psychiatrists and as part of the multi-disciplinary team to provide continuous medical cover to clients at these services.
You will undertake initial clerking and mental state examination of patients on admission.
Assessment, appropriate investigation, diagnosis and initiating treatment plans under Consultant supervision of inpatients of the unit are key duties of this role, along with maintaining full records of medical and psychiatric assessments and interventions.
To prescribe and review medication under the supervision of the relevant Consultant Psychiatrist and undertake clinical audits and maintain and monitor standards of care.
Good communication with the multi-disciplinary team and nursing staff, including morning handover meetings each working day. Participation in ward rounds and in other multi-disciplinary meetings, including Care Programme Approach Meetings (CPA), Managers Panels, Mental Health Review Tribunals etc.
To communicate effectively with mental health and other agencies and professionals as required for client assessment and for co-ordination of discharge plans.
We are looking for people who have:
- Full GMC registration
- Experience in Adult Psychiatry is preferred
- Excellent knowledge of the Mental Health Act and Code of Practice along with Mental Capacity Act 2005 and Code of Capacity
- The ability to interview, assess and treat patients and write clear comprehensive medical notes
- Proven record of CPD (Continued Professional Development)
- The ability to work with as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Desirable: Membership of Royal College of Psychiatrists, Physicians, General
- Practitioners or equivalent
In return, we will offer you:
- Salary: up to £80k (pro rata / depending on experience)
- The ability to work alongside an onsite Consultant Psychiatrist and multi-disciplinary team
- Generous annual leave entitlement which increases with length of service
- CPD support and study leave
- Opportunity to undertake further learning and development
- Medical indemnity cover
The opportunity to progress to Consultant level through our CESR programme:
Cygnet Health Care was originally founded in 1988. Since then we have developed a wide range of services for individuals suffering from a variety of mental health problems.