Job descriptionRegional and emergency hospitals are looking for specialists in general surgery in Denmark.
The hospitals are looking for specialists with broad surgical experience and you must show interest in the professional development and quality of the department and in teaching of younger doctors.
The hospitals provide the treatments required by patients in the local area and are constantly developing in areas of investigation, treatment and patient care. Education is an important part of the hospitals’ core values. The hospitals have a good working climate, where working in a team is essential. The hierarchy is quite flat and every person is respected.
The hospitals have different profiles; they provide medical care, and both elective and emergency surgeries. Their profile usually consists of:
- Gallstone surgery
- Hernia surgery
- Variceal surgery
- Upper and lower endoscopies
- Anal disorders
- Trauma reception
- Colon disorders
- Pilonidal abscesses and cysts
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Pancreatic disorders
- Biliary tract disorders
- Breast surgery
You will form part of a team where is a high level of professional expertise and dedication. You will take part in relevant meetings, courses and congresses as you as a staff specialist have your own budget for courses.
Duties are to be expected.
- Permanent contract after obtaining the Danish license to practice as a specialist doctor
- Attractive salary. Duties will be paid apart
- Training courses within working hours
- Help to find: Apartment, school and kindergarten
- Invitation to study tour to Denmark after a first interview, to learn more about the region and the work environment
- Assistance with removal and relocation costs
- Intensive Danish course, also for the family
- Remuneration during the language course of €800 monthly net, free apartment, and travel costs for the family.
- Specialist title in general surgery recognised in the EU
- Experience and interest in any of the above mentioned fields
- Availability to complete the Danish intensive course (B2 Level)
Since 2003 MediCarrera has selected and trained in a Scandinavian language more than 400 European specialist doctors, dentists and nurses for Swedish, Norwegian and Danish clients. To date, in Sweden, 14 county councils have contracted our company’s services, all five regions in Denmark and three out of four regions in Norway.
We began by recruiting Spanish specialist doctors, especially primary care physicians and established a course centre outside Barcelona in 2003. We now also hold courses in Budapest and in other locations when necessary.
Following the European Union enlargement we began to recruit in the new member states. We have recruited healthcare professionals from Hungary, Poland, Spain, Germany, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Romania, Bulgaria, Latvia, Lithuania, Greece, Portugal, Croatia, Slovenia and the Netherlands.